Foreign Language

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jared OLearyJared OLeary
      Keymaster

How could you integrate coding with a foreign language? What BootUp projects (platform and lesson number) integrate well with this subject area? What additional ideas, resources, projects, etc. might assist with this kind of integration?

See this studio for some ideas.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by Jared OLearyJared OLeary.
      Jared OLearyJared OLeary
      Keymaster

Previous response:

• I teach at a Portuguese Immersion school and I can see that Scratch Jr will be easy for my non-english speaking students. The first 3 lessons are something that my students could do just from the visuals. The symbols and numbers will make it easy for them to create their own programs. I am excited to see them love this program.
      Beth TagliareniBeth Tagliareni
      Participant

I currently support teachers as a Teacher Librarian, but before that I taught French. Scratch would be a fantastic way to have kids write conversations in the target language and then have them program the conversations into a real world forum. They could start this in level one with a quick greeting conversation, but any language level could write and create a conversation and story using Scratch.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.